Bragging

Anything related to the Lost Labyrinth game series.
Max
Labyrinth Champion
Labyrinth Champion

Bragging

Post by Max » Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:41 pm

Finally!
A magic user in first place :D

A had to do a lot of dying and restarting in the early levels.
For a long time I could not even get in the top 10 with magic.

zefz
Site Admin

Re: Bragging

Post by zefz » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:52 am

Whoa that is impressive :) That is much better than I've managed to get (level 25 or something like that). And with magic! I've always turned to a mainly focused strength build to get deep down. And to have it all end by a miscast spell :lol:

Feel free to share any experiences or feedback. Turning-points (specific items, spells, etc.), bugs, wierd or out-of-place stuff ;)

Max
Labyrinth Champion
Labyrinth Champion

Post by Max » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:20 pm

Killed by Victory! ha!

I added Goddess Of Healing and Constitution for some survivable and it did the trick :)

There are some things that I think will need rebalancing and others that maybe exploits.

Gem blast + Elder Magic
This makes the speel cost 0
Lots of free damage, you are still very dangerous even with 0 mana.
Most of your fire and other spells feel worthless once you have it.
Just nuts.

Magic Staff + Sward to Ploughshre
Turn any amount of mana into food, I have not tested this with warlock spells yet.
Also using high magic you can get rainfall via Archmagic.
As High magic gives both food and water I could drop both Druid Magic and Water Magic. High magic is powerful.

I think the most overpowered has got to be Time Magic.
Teleport and dimensional swap are already really powerful
Etheralness is just broken! And adding it to the same magic school...
things like portal and featherfall can not compete.
Talking about portal, if you have both Earth Magic and Air Magic (or Elemental Mastery) then you would never use portal.
There is an air spell that also removes walls (and other things) that costs less mana, I think it was called disintegrate?

White Magic needs some help.
I really think that White Magic should have healing spells that do not need crystals evey time. Black magic can heal using drain line without crystals, Black magic was much better for healing. The whole White Magic school feels almost useless. I also think that White healing magic should not be able to fail, or at least, not hurt you. You only use them when your low life and when they can kill you it makes them less useful then healing herbs.
What if your hurt and have nothing else to heal with...
it's a risk to play on without healing... but it's also a risk to heal...
So sometimes I don't heal and play on and then I end up thinking "Why did I pick White Magic?".

Love the game Zefz!
I'v had lost of fun with it :)

zefz
Site Admin

Post by zefz » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:58 pm

Awesome to hear you enjoyed it!
Killed by Victory! ha!
Did not expect someone to win the game so suddenly :) I've fixed it now.
Gem blast + Elder Magic
This makes the speel cost 0
This is a bug. Gem Blast is not supposed to only cost 1 mana!
Magic Staff + Sward to Ploughshre
Ah yes, you're not supposed to be able to use Sword to Ploughshare on conjured items, that would be an exploit for free food
White Magic needs some help.
I really think that White Magic should have healing spells that do not need crystals evey time. Black magic can heal using drain line without crystals, Black magic was much better for healing. The whole White Magic school feels almost useless.
These are some very good points. I mainly tried to make the game faithful to the original, but White Magic is supposed to be the best magic type for healing :) Problem with not requiring Mana Crystal is the exploit of using Dark Magic from Black Magic together with healing to gain infinite recovery of mana and life!

Max
Labyrinth Champion
Labyrinth Champion

Post by Max » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:57 am

Victorious,
Killed 402 monsters

Ha!
I wonder how far someone could get without killing any...?
As I have been knowingly exploiting the game please delete my highscore when you have time. God of Magic, MagicTest01 and All Magic.

Killer was also me but I was not cheating with that one.
zefz wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:58 pm
Problem with not requiring Mana Crystal is the exploit of using Dark Magic from Black Magic together with healing to gain infinite recovery of mana and life!
Whats Dark Magic?
I could not find it in the Black Magic school or warlock school.

zefz
Site Admin

Post by zefz » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:35 pm

Sorry, it was a spell used to be in Black Magic (turned life into mana). But I figured out it would be too easy to exploit so removed it.

So maybe you're right in allowing White Magic to have a healing spell that doesn't require a mana crystal would make it worthwhile to pick!

Max
Labyrinth Champion
Labyrinth Champion

Post by Max » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:51 pm

zefz wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:35 pm
So maybe you're right in allowing White Magic to have a healing spell that doesn't require a mana crystal would make it worthwhile to pick!
Year, I totally think you should look into that man. White magic has got to have some place in the game.

Changing topic.
I'v dropped down to 3rd place! Heavens no!
I don't know if thats you in 1st and 2nd Zefz but it looks like players are working out the power of magic.
It's all great fun right now but I feel that sometime we will need to get the exploit fixes deployed.
We could end up seeing the high score board flooded with nothing but victorious :D

zefz
Site Admin

Post by zefz » Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:09 pm

The new highscore is not me :)

Yes, I've had a new update in the works a while now. But I want to thoroughly test it to ensure no new bugs or exploits have appeared first!

Sneakpeek:

Code: Select all

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lost Labyrinth DX Version 1.6.0 "Djinni" (??.??.2019)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
* NEW FEATURE: New trait: Swiftness (1 CP: picking up items does not cost any energy)
* NEW FEATURE: New trait: Diehard (1 CP: Survive one extra turn when above 10 hp after receiving a killing blow)
* NEW FEATURE: New trait: Troll Blood (2 CP: 50% chance to heal 1 life at end of every turn and immune to Bleeding)
* NEW FEATURE: New trait: Geniekind (5 CP: Do not require food or water, +50 Lightning Resist and heal life in the Nexus)
* UPDATE: Characters with the Trap Lore trait can now attempt to auto-disarm detected traps
* UPDATE: The graphics engine has been reworked to use floating point precision instead of integers
* UPDATE: The Combat Expertise trait no longer provides the benefit of Diehard trait
* UPDATE: Elf Blood is now exclusive from the No Magic trait
* UPDATE: God of Magic is now exclusive from the No Magic trait
* UPDATE: Reverting out of shapeshift form now ends the turn
* UPDATE: The Pickaxe can now be used to destroy Ice Blocks
* UPDATE: The spell Destroy Boulder (Earth Magic) can now be used to destroy Ice Blocks as well
* UPDATE: Added new bindable keyboard button to delay turn to after the next player character (e.g hot-seat or summons)
* UPDATE: Will o' Wisps can now cause Blindness
* UPDATE: The trait Trap Lore has been renamed to Trap Expertise to avoid confusion with the lore type for traps
* UPDATE: Traps will now appear from level 3 and below (previously level 4 and below)
* UPDATE: Breaking free from webbed tiles now show chance of success
* UPDATE: Traps are slightly more dangerous to be more like the original Lost Labyrinth
* UPDATE: Traps require now to be identified with Trap Lore when detected (avoiding or triggering a trap will identify it)
* UPDATE: Percent chance to avoid traps that are not detected are now limited by the Luck ability
* UPDATE: Players gain +30% chance to avoid traps that have been both detected and identified
* UPDATE: Conjured items can no longer be the target of the Sword to Ploughshare spell
* UPDATE: High Magic can no longer shape spells that require Mana Crystals or recharging
* UPDATE: Disintegrate (Air Magic) now costs about twice as much mana to cast
* UPDATE: Portal (Earth Magic) mana cost reduced from 12 to 8
* UPDATE: Shape Magic (High Magic) now costs 5 mana instead of 4
* UPDATE: Arch-Magic (High Magic) now costs 10 mana instead of 6
* UPDATE: Etheralness (Time Magic) now costs more mana, reduced duration and can only be cast once per level
* UPDATE: The Teleport spell (Time Magic) now has max range of 3 tile plus 1 per 8 spell power
* UPDATE: Damage from starvation and dehydration now scales exponentially as it gets worse
* UPDATE: Trait selection screen had some usability improvements
* FIX: Single use bonuses like Goddess of Healing should now properly work once per player instead of only once
* FIX: Blacksmithing added Mend Item spell instead of Repair Equipment skill to the quickbar
* FIX: Dispel Magic no longer removes toggle abilities like Stealth
* FIX: Merchant Room being generated with a blocked exit causing players to be trapped (thanks to kongxinga for reporting)
* FIX: The current active player is always rendered on top of other players
* FIX: Rare bug where dying in shapeshifted form could count as a game loss
* FIX: Activating Repair Equipment while no valid target would enter a loop of invalid target messages
* FIX: Fix some minor audiovisual bugs with magic effects
* FIX: The Scimitar of Venom was Mundane instead of Rare
* FIX: The Curse Rune trap would transport player back 2 levels at 85% chance instead of 15% chance
* FIX: The examine tile ability could reveal hidden traps, doors and treasure
* FIX: Trap removal can now only be done on traps that are actually detected
* FIX: Prevent casting Alternate Timeline inside the demi-plane
* FIX: Gem Blast (Earth Magic) now correctly costs 4 mana instead of 1
* FIX: Winning the game now properly removes the completed save file
* FIX: Accolade Death Knight (Black Magic) will no longer destroy two summoned Skeletons when cast
* FIX: Etheralness not always working as it should
* FIX: Some issues with the scrollbar GUI component were resolved|
* FIX: Various distance calculation issues with levels with wrapping edges

Max
Labyrinth Champion
Labyrinth Champion

Post by Max » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:46 am

Sound great!
I’m looking forward to being Geniekind 😊