[1.3.2 FIXED] No Exit from Special Level Demi Plane

Report any technical issues or bugs you have experienced with Lost Labyrinth DX.
kongxinga

[1.3.2 FIXED] No Exit from Special Level Demi Plane

Post by kongxinga » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:57 am

Hello. Love your revival of one of my favourite games. I've run into a possible level generation bug here (see attached save). My character is in a dungeon level where the only exit is a portal to the "demi plane" . The demi plane is a ethereal place with voids and one large island with a magma enclosed treasury (which i looted). The only exit out of the dungeon level is the portal, and at the portal I have no exit, with my only option to go back the way I came to the dungeon level.

I enclosed my save file where the portal to the demi plane should be visible on screen, and then you can see the lack of exits from the demi plane.

In short, I can only exit to the demi plane, and there are no exits on the demi plan, so I am stuck. I've been farming rats for meat, but not much I can do on this level.

I tried excorcising the skeleton king on the regular dungeon level, but all he dropped was a golden key, so I don't think me not defeating him is causing the exit to not show up.

Here is the link to the save file
https://www.sendspace.com/file/68yvtx

zefz
Site Admin

Re: No Exit from Special Level Demi Plane

Post by zefz » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:06 pm

Thanks for reporting this issue. I will look into it and inspect your save file (which will be very useful for debugging!).

zefz
Site Admin

Re: [1.3.2 FIXED] No Exit from Special Level Demi Plane

Post by zefz » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:40 am

I found the issue. There was indeed a problem with the random special level generation where there was a chance a demi-plane from the Time Magic spell school would be generated instead of the different special levels Lost Labyrinth offers.

I've fixed the bug for the next 1.3.3 release and took the liberty of fixing your save file as well:
4358e560a90c12c.zip
Save file fixed
(249.17 KiB) Downloaded 17 times

kongxinga

Post by kongxinga » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:49 am

Thank you Zefz! I like your DX version of the game a lot. There are numerous changes from the Blitzbasic version (which is the one I preferred), so some of the old exploits are gone (scroll lore build learning every spell), but hopefully I can find some new broken builds. I look forward to your new versions.

zefz
Site Admin

Post by zefz » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:46 am

Yes I've tried to base the game on the PureBasic version while taking inspiration from the Blitzbasic version. Along with that I've tried to modernize and streamline some game mechanics to make it easier to understand and a more enjoyable experience (e.g less harsh instant death effects, more variation, make all skills useful, etc.)

There are definitely some broken exploit builds in there :P